Max Rutherston offers Japanese art in many forms. While the emphasis is on netsuke, the gallery endeavours at all times to have interesting holdings of inro and other sagemono, pipe cases and tonkotsu, lacquer, ceramics, sculpture and samurai accoutrements, as well as selected Meiji period works of art.
Our Best Latest Acquisitions
- Ivory Netsuke of a Kingfisher by Kaigyokusai Masatsugu (Osaka 1813-92)2020-11-13T11:25:12+00:00
- Rare Ivory Netsuke of a Tigress and Her Two Cubs by Tomotada (Kyoto, active 1760-1780)2020-11-23T09:53:52+00:00
- Osaka School Ivory netsuke of a Grooming Tiger2020-11-13T11:25:58+00:00
Multi Lingual Assistance
Translate Our Website
Please use the Google Translate Tool to read our website content in your preferred language. To simplify this we have listed languages at the top of every page on this website.
**** Currently when you move to a new page the site will revert to English, please simply click on the Flag or language icon again****
Netsuke of Distinction We Have Sold
- **SOLD** Ivory netsuke of a stag2020-11-15T12:04:23+00:00
- **SOLD** Wood Netsuke of a Rolling Stallion by Masanao of Kyoto2020-11-15T12:00:39+00:00
- **SOLD** Ivory Netsuke of a Cat by Kaigyokusai2020-11-15T11:53:52+00:00
- **SOLD** Netsuke of an Eagle Attacking a Monkey by Nakamura Toshimitsu2020-11-15T11:58:45+00:00